- Demonstrable experience with configuration, orchestration, and automation tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Maven, and Ant to provide full stack integration.
- Demonstrated mastery of automation and orchestration at large scale.
- Previous experience transforming organizations to CI/CD delivery model.
- Working knowledge of Containers; i.e. Docker Kubernetes, ideally with experience transitioning an organization through its adoption.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise platforms, tools and principles including: WebSphere, Apache, Load Balancers, Shell Scripting, Authentication, IT Security, and Performance Tuning.
- Demonstrated ability to choose the best, cost effective technology to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency implementing/leveraging monitoring and event management technologies such as ELK.
- Demonstrated understanding of system resiliency, redundancy, failovers and disaster recovery.
- Demonstrable experience with Ruby and/or Python (or equivalent) creating system and application level automation.
- Infrastructure as Code experience
- Experience working with a variety of vendor APIs including physical and logical infrastructure devices
- Strong technical competency with the ability to lead by example and drive change.
- Motivated self-starter able to excel in a fast-paced, geographically dispersed enterprise.
- Exhibits a practical perspective on software engineering disciplines and how they intersect with infrastructure and operations
- Solid DevOps understand and a strong development mindset
- Technology agnostic, holistic view of IT infrastructure driving the delivery of fully integrated, end to end solutions.
- Proficient with Agile methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units/organizations.
- Adaptability and ability to introduce/manage change.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend, analyze, and research complex problems, make judgment decisions and solution recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technology/engineering discipline
- 10+ years of overall IT experience
- 5+ years of enterprise level operating system experience
- 3+ years of experience in an infrastructure automation role developing in at least two of the following: Ansible, Python, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Jenkins
IV. Preferred Qualifications
- Application development experience
- Experience applying DevOps principles and practices in legacy/non-cloud technology stacks.
- Software defined network experience